Supervisor Professional Development Program (SPDP) Workshops 1 and 3
Date: Sunday, 5 May 2019
Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm
Venue: Aotea Centre, Waihorotiu 1, Level 4
RACP encourages anyone who is currently serving as a supervisor, new to supervision or have not previously completed a supervisor workshop to attend the below. Attendance can count towards your myCPD program.
Each session will be three hours and cover:
SPDP 1: Practical skills for supervisors – 2pm to 5pm
- Creating a culture for learning
- Feedback and performance
- Feedback in challenging situations
SPDP3: Work-based Learning and Assessment – 9.30am to 12.30pm
Work-based learning and assessment is a complex and necessary part of physician training. The challenges of undertaking work-based learning and assessment amidst the complexities of the healthcare environment are many and varied. This workshop offers techniques and solutions to these challenges that will help supervisors in their vital role.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of work-based learning and assessment
- Analyse the process of planning for learning and assessment
- Identify the challenges and solutions associated with work-based assessment in a complex environment
- Draw on evidence of learning and achievement to determine overall performance and progression
Confirm your attendance via the Congress registration process.
Note: SPDP Session 2 will not be offered at RACP Congress 2019