Supervisor Professional Development Program (SPDP) Workshops 1 and 2
Date: Sunday, 5 May 2019
Time: 9.30am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 5pm
Venue: Aotea Centre, room TBC
RACP encourages anyone who is currently serving as a supervisor, new to supervision or have not previously completed a supervisor workshop to attend the below. Attendance can count towards your myCPD program.
Each session will be three hours and cover:
SPDP 1: Practical skills for supervisors
- Creating a culture for learning
- Feedback and performance
- Feedback in challenging situations
SPDP 2: Teaching and Learning in Healthcare Settings
- Outline the challenges supervisors face in the healthcare setting
- Discuss the strategies supervisors can use to maximise teaching opportunities
- Evaluate personal attitudes, beliefs and behaviour and its influence on supervisory practice
- Assess workplace culture issues that can affect education experiences
Confirm your attendance via the Congress registration process.