Supervisor Professional Development Program (SPDP) Workshops 2 and 3
Date: Sunday, 3 May 2020
Time: 9am to 12pm and 2pm to 5pm
Tickets: Complimentary to registered RACP Supervisors
Venue: Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre
RACP encourages anyone who is currently serving as a supervisor, new to supervision or have not previously completed a supervisor workshop to attend the below. Attendance can count towards your myCPD program.
Each session will be three hours and cover:
SPDP workshop 2: Teaching and Learning in Healthcare Settings – 9am to 12pm
Teaching and Learning in Healthcare Settings provides teaching strategies to manage and overcome challenges supervisors face in a complex healthcare setting. Strategies include planning for learning, differentiated instructions for multi-level groups, and using teaching techniques such as questioning.
This workshop explores some cultural aspects that may impact on learning, including the hidden curriculum, tribalism and the need for effective role modelling.
- Outline challenges supervisors face in the healthcare setting
- Identify strategies to maximise teaching opportunities
- Evaluate personal attitudes, beliefs and behaviour and influence on supervisory practice
- Assess workplace culture issues that can affect education experiences
SPDP workshop 3: Work-based Learning and Assessment – 2pm to 5pm
Work-based learning and assessment is a complex and necessary part of physician training. The challenges of undertaking work-based learning and assessment amidst the complexities of the healthcare environment are many and varied. This workshop offers techniques and solutions to these challenges that will help supervisors in their vital role.
- Discuss the purpose and importance of work-based learning and assessment
- Analyse the process of planning for learning and assessment
- Identify the challenges and solutions associated with work-based assessment in a complex environment
- Draw on evidence of learning and achievement to determine overall performance and progression
Confirm your attendance via the Congress registration process.